Freedom Run held in memory of September 11
Chesapeake, VA - The Chesapeake Sheriff’s office put on a 9.11 mile run in memory of the lives lost on September 11th.
This event was also held to honor the members of the United States Military as well as the public service members that sacrifice so much on a daily basis.
The run kicked off Saturday morning at the Dismal Swamp Canal Trail.
All the proceeds from todays event will benefit the Chesapeake Sheriff’s Office Charities Inc.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam