Freedom Run held in memory of September 11
Chesapeake, VA - The Chesapeake Sheriff’s office put on a 9.11 mile run in memory of the lives lost on September 11th.
This event was also held to honor the members of the United States Military as well as the public service members that sacrifice so much on a daily basis.
The run kicked off Saturday morning at the Dismal Swamp Canal Trail.
All the proceeds from todays event will benefit the Chesapeake Sheriff’s Office Charities Inc.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- One dead, eight hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains