Taking Action: NewsChannel 3 helps Beach father get his money
Virginia Beach, Va. – Frank Whitehurst says he has been trying to cash his paycheck from All Nations Floors for over a week, but it was no good. He called NewsChannel 3 for help.
“I was like look I’m just here to get my money and go,” says Whitehurst.
Whitehurst says he was owed $250. He says he went by the business to ask about the check and was given the run around.
“I didn’t want to do it like this. I tried to talk to y’all, I tried to work with y’all, and I got nothing,” says Whitehurst.
NewsChannel 3 went by All Nations Floors on Thursday. The owner, Yossi Gatlin, said he would right the wrong, and Friday Whitehurst got his money.
“Thank y’all very much for helping me. I mean, if it was not for y’all I would not have gotten anything accomplished like I did,” says Whitehurst.
Gatlin told NewsChannel 3 he was never personally approached by Gatlin about the money. He also says Whitehurst never tried to cash the check and there was money in that account.
Regardless, Frank now has the cash he says he needs to pay bills for his little ones.
“All I do is go to work and work for my kids, that’s all I do, that is all I want to do,” says Whitehurst.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down