Update: Rt. 58 in Suffolk partially reopens after accident involving log truck
UPDATE: One lane eastbound is now open on Route 58 near the Franklin Bypass, and both westbound lanes are now open.
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk Police and Fire & Rescue are on the scene of a multi-vehicle accident which has closed a portion of Route 58 westbound near the Franklin Bypass.
Emergency Dispatch received the initial call about the accident involving the 18-wheeler log truck, a large box truck and a passenger van at approximately 10:20 a.m.
The log truck is currently blocking the entire westbound roadway.
One patient has been ground transported to Southampton Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, and another patient was transported to Sentara Obici Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
A detour is being established to divert traffic down Route 189 (South Quay Road).
The investigation is ongoing.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’