Zombies in Norfolk are warning you to get prepared for disasters
Norfolk, Va. – At around 11, zombies started roaming around City Hall in Norfolk!
There’s no need to fear. They weren’t looking for brains to eat. They just wanted to warn you to be prepared.
It’s part of Norfolk’s Community Emergency Response Team’s effort to make sure people are ready for disasters.
So we asked why the zombies?
“It`s just a different spin on preparedness. Lots of times, we have the same kind of doom and gloom message about preparedness and people don`t always listen to that message. They`re kind of put off by it,” says Linda Botts with the Norfolk Medical Reserve Corps.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship