Newport News woman arrested, charged with DUI after crashing into utility pole
Photo: Lolita Elizabeth Patrick of Newport News
Newport News, Va. – A woman has been arrested and charged with DUI and reckless driving in Newport News after crashing into a utility pole on Thursday, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
Police arrested 43-year-old Lolita Elizabeth Patrick of Newport News.
It happened on Thursday, September 12, 2013. At 3 a.m., the vehicle crashed in the area of the 17600 block of Warwick Boulevard.
Lolita Patrick was traveling southbound on Warwick Boulevard when her 2012 Dodge Avenger went off the road, struck a utility pole, and came to a stop in a ditch.
Warwick Boulevard was closed for several hours due to the crash.
Alcohol was a factor in the accident, and Patrick was not injured.
Patrick was arrested and charged with DUI, refusal, and reckless driving, according to Holly McPherson, Assistant Public Information Officer for the Newport News Police Department.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery