Newport News woman arrested, charged with DUI after crashing into utility pole
Photo: Lolita Elizabeth Patrick of Newport News
Newport News, Va. – A woman has been arrested and charged with DUI and reckless driving in Newport News after crashing into a utility pole on Thursday, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
Police arrested 43-year-old Lolita Elizabeth Patrick of Newport News.
It happened on Thursday, September 12, 2013. At 3 a.m., the vehicle crashed in the area of the 17600 block of Warwick Boulevard.
Lolita Patrick was traveling southbound on Warwick Boulevard when her 2012 Dodge Avenger went off the road, struck a utility pole, and came to a stop in a ditch.
Warwick Boulevard was closed for several hours due to the crash.
Alcohol was a factor in the accident, and Patrick was not injured.
Patrick was arrested and charged with DUI, refusal, and reckless driving, according to Holly McPherson, Assistant Public Information Officer for the Newport News Police Department.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home