Motorcyclist dies after crashing into wall, falling from overpass on I-264
Norfolk, Va. – A man is dead after State Police say he crashed into a wall on I-264 eastbound on Thursday night while operating a motorcycle.
They say this happened at around 8:30 p.m.
State Police tell NewsChannel 3 that the motorcyclist was going at a high rate of speed near the Campostella Exit when he hit the jersey wall.
State Police have identified the victim as 31-year-old Nathaniel Howard, Jr.
Investigators say after hitting the wall, he landed under the overpass in a drainage canal.
Howard died at the scene.
No other details have been released.
We’ll continue to post more updates as they become available.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million