Chesapeake father arrested after allegedly shooting son during dispute
Chesapeake Police have arrested a 48-year-old man who allegedly shot his son during a domestic dispute on Monday night.
Police say they arrived at the home in the 600 block of South Lake Circle around 10:45 p.m. and found the son with a minor wound to his leg.
He was transported to Norfolk General Hospital where it was determined that the wound was the result of a gunshot.
The father, Jesse Negrete, was arrested and charged with malicious wounding and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- One dead, eight hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains