Naval Station Norfolk closes Gate 4, reopens on Thursday
Virginia State Police say they received a threatening phone call concerning the Hampton Roads region at around 7:50 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Police say they are on heightened alert and patrols and commercial vehicle inspections were increased throughout Hampton Roads.
In addition to the backups, Naval Station Norfolk closed Gate 4 on Bellinger Boulevard. Officials say they closed the gate for security reasons. It’s scheduled to re-open on Thursday at 5 a.m.
Crews worked with Norfolk Public Schools and HRT to re-route buses onto the installation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News