Two people shot near ODU campus
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk police are investigating a shooting near the campus of ODU.
This is just one of a number of crimes that have happened near the campus in recent weeks.
Police say it happened at 41st Street and Killam Avenue early Sunday morning.
Right now, investigators are trying to piece together exactly what happened, but they say someone in a crowd yelled ‘run’ – shots were fired – and two people were shot.
Police say the victims were not ODU students and their injuries are not life-threatening.
There have been two shootings and a robbery, all within the past two weeks near ODU’s campus.
And that has students concerned.
“You pay a lot of money to be safe and go to school and be able to get an education and you have to worry about people who don’t even go to this school and doing shootings that are literally 20 feet from my house,” says one ODU student.
So far, police have not made arrests in either of the cases that happened near ODU.
If you have any information, call the Crime Line – 1-888-lock-u-up.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested