UPDATE: Man arrested, charged with murder in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – Police have arrested a man in connection with a homicide that happened over the weekend.
Hampton police have arrested 52-year-old Darryl Allen of the 100 block of Winchester Drive. He is charged with one count of murder and is currently incarcerated in the Hampton City Jail.
It happened on September 8, 2013. Police received a 911 call about a fight in the 100 block of Winchester Drive at 9:19 p.m. Crews arrived to find the victim unconscious. Officers attempted to revive him and he was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead from suspected asphyxiation at 10:16 p.m.
Police say the victim and suspect knew each other, and were involved in a verbal altercation which escalated into a physical fight in the back yard of the home.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 as updates become available.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations