Rutgers demolishes Norfolk State
New Brunswick, Nj. – The Scarlet Knights took no prisoners Saturday. Paul James rushed for 119 yards and three touchdowns as Rutgers went on to demolish Norfolk State.
They kept the Spartans at zero in front of over 49,000 fans. In the third meeting between the two schools, Rutgers’ first five scoring drives all began in NSU territory. The Spartans did show a united defensive front in the second quarter, keeping the Scarlet Knights off the board, but it wasn’t enough. Rutgers outgained NSU 423 to 133 and amassed 273 yards rushing on 56 carries.
Rutgers takes it 38 to 0. The Spartans get ready to take the field September 21 when they will host Charleston Southern at Dick Price Stadium at 4 pm.
(Courtesy: CBS Sports)
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'