Portsmouth raises awareness on community violence
Portsmouth, Virginia - Concerned citizens believe that violence is affecting their youth so they took action and put on a community style cook out.
The cook out was Saturday afternoon at the Old Truxton School on Portsmouth Boulevard.
Organizers tell NewsChannel 3 that the goal of the cookout was to raise awareness about building a new community center so that their young people will have a positive options in the neighborhood.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’