Marine hurt after accidental shooting at Northwest Annex in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Va. – A Marine was shot accidentally in the neck during a training exercise at the Northwest Annex on Friday afternoon in Chesapeake.
Officials say the shooting happened at around 3:30 p.m. Police say this happened on 1340 Olympic Ave. near the North Carolina border.
The Marine, who is with the Marine Corps Force Security Regiment, was taken to Norfolk General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
He is now in stable condition and will be evaluated further.
NCIS is now investigating.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more information.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton