New soccer fields destroyed at Peninsula Catholic High
Students at Peninsula Catholic High School are upset after their brand new soccer fields were destroyed.
Police told the school that three men were arrested for driving on the fields in circles early Thursday morning, ripping up the new sod.
James Alexander Crawford and Dustin Robert Engstrom were given summonses for trespassing on school property.
Nicole Christine Vitantonio was arrested for being drunk in public and was also given a summons for trespassing.
Apparently, a neighbor heard the commotion and called police who arrested the men in the act.
This was the first athletic field on campus for students.
Peninsula Catholic was supposed to have a ribbon cutting and bless the new fields on Thursday afternoon for the first game at 4:00 p.m.
Instead, the school had to cancel the game.
The school is hoping to get the fields repaired soon, but they will have to cancel or move their games for at least the next two weeks.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel