Three local cities rank among the 50-worst for food lovers
Chesapeake, Va. – Love local food?
You might not love this ranking from the real estate site MOVOTO.
The site ranked the 50 worst cities in the nation for ‘foodies’ and Chesapeake came in at #10. Norfolk and Virginia Beach didn’t fare much better, placing 23rd and 38th respectively.
The list was compiled using the following criteria:
- Restaurants per capita
- Bakeries per capita
- Food Trucks per capita
- Ice Cream Shops per capita
- Candy Shops per capita
- Food and Wine Festivals per capita
- Caterers per capita
- Gourmet Grocery Stores per capita
Disagree with the rankings? Tell us your favorite foodie places in Hampton Roads in the comments.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury