Suffolk home damaged after lightning strike
Friday night lightning
Suffolk, Va. – Officials say during Tuesday’s afternoon storms, lightning caused damage to a home on Tason Drive off of Lake Prince Drive in Suffolk.
Calls came in at around 2:26 p.m. about the incident.
They say a tree branch fell onto a chimney causing the bricks to fall and damage the gas line to the house.
The siding on the home and the AC were damaged crews say.
Virginia Natural Gas was on the scene to secure the gas line.
No injuries were reported.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified