Phone belonging to missing teen Alexis Murphy found
Nelson County, Va. – A cell phone recovered during the investigation into the disappearance of missing teenager Alexis Murphy has been positively identified as belonging to the 17-year-old girl, according to WTVR.
“Since this is an on-going sensitive investigation, where evidentiary items and search information is sealed; no further discussion will be entertained,” the FBI said in a statement. “This sole release of information is only being made to advise the public that we no longer need assistance looking for that one item.”
Murphy disappeared on August 3.
“In order to protect the integrity of the investigation and ensure that Mr. Randy Allen Taylor gets a fair trial in Nelson County, Virginia, absolutely no further information will be released about this investigation,” the FBI statement continued.
Taylor, arrested last month, is charged with abduction in the case.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam