Lightning causes fire at Chesapeake home
Chesapeake, Va. – Chesapeake fire crews were on the scene of a large house fire in the Hickory section of the city on Tuesday afternoon.
Officials say lightning was the cause of the fire.
The home was located in the 1400 block of Pine Bark Lane. Officials say it was a two-story single family home and it was severely damaged in the fire.
Crews were able to get the fire under control by 5:52 p.m.
We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship