Lightning causes fire at Chesapeake home
Chesapeake, Va. – Chesapeake fire crews were on the scene of a large house fire in the Hickory section of the city on Tuesday afternoon.
Officials say lightning was the cause of the fire.
The home was located in the 1400 block of Pine Bark Lane. Officials say it was a two-story single family home and it was severely damaged in the fire.
Crews were able to get the fire under control by 5:52 p.m.
We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen