Lightning causes fire at Chesapeake home
Chesapeake, Va. – Chesapeake fire crews were on the scene of a large house fire in the Hickory section of the city on Tuesday afternoon.
Officials say lightning was the cause of the fire.
The home was located in the 1400 block of Pine Bark Lane. Officials say it was a two-story single family home and it was severely damaged in the fire.
Crews were able to get the fire under control by 5:52 p.m.
We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's