Woman found dead in Norfolk home; 4-year-old child with her unharmed
NORFOLK, Va. (WTKR) – A mother of two was found dead in her home on Holt Street around 11:45am Saturday.
Family members say Shadosha Johnson’s mother went to the home to check on her daughter and found her beaten body in the bed, and her 4-year-old granddaughter was splattered with blood crying because her mom would not move. Police say the child was not hurt.
Johnson also had a 9-year-old boy.
“She would do anything for her children, her children ask for anything she make sure she got it, no matter how hard she struggled to get it,” said Timothy Hinton, Johnson’s uncle.
With two children left behind family told Newschannel 3 they will make sure they know their mother loved them.
“She was a good mother, they know, they know that she was, they are old enough to know,” said Sonja Johnson, the victim’s aunt.
Sadly, they worry the 4-year-old is also at an age where she will not forget what she saw.
“For them to do this in front of her daughter, it’s trifling, it’s too much,” said Hinton.
Police have no released any suspect information.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom