Tribe vs Mountaineers
Morgantown, Wv. – Saturday afternoon, West Virginia hosted William and Mary for the season opener, and this game had every sign of an upset. William and Mary actually led 17 to 7 heading into the second half.
All eyes were on junior wide receiver Tre McBride who had three big catches for 108 yards.
This was only the third time Tribe football has held a second half lead against a Football Bowl Subdivision team in four years.
The Tribe outgained West Virginia 201 to 165 in the first half and allowed just five yards in the second quarter, but that lead started to vanish in the third quarter when the Mountaineers started a comeback. West Virginia outgained William and Mary 409 to 309 for a 24 to 17 victory.
The Tribe now gets ready to host Hampton in their home opener next Saturday at 7 pm.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations