Tribe vs Mountaineers
Morgantown, Wv. – Saturday afternoon, West Virginia hosted William and Mary for the season opener, and this game had every sign of an upset. William and Mary actually led 17 to 7 heading into the second half.
All eyes were on junior wide receiver Tre McBride who had three big catches for 108 yards.
This was only the third time Tribe football has held a second half lead against a Football Bowl Subdivision team in four years.
The Tribe outgained West Virginia 201 to 165 in the first half and allowed just five yards in the second quarter, but that lead started to vanish in the third quarter when the Mountaineers started a comeback. West Virginia outgained William and Mary 409 to 309 for a 24 to 17 victory.
The Tribe now gets ready to host Hampton in their home opener next Saturday at 7 pm.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen