Many gathered to raise money for ALS and support a Navy Veteran
Virginia Beach, VA - George Sasse, a Navy Veteran with 23 years under his belt is now facing the toughest battle of his life as he fights ALS, also know as Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
Today friends and former teammates took action to help him and his family by holding a Ruck March at First Landing State Park.
Participants carried heavy backpacks on the trail to show their support.
So far more than thirty-thousand dollars have been raise to help his family with living expenses.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'