Community prayer service for Syria
Norfolk, VA - Upward Church Norfolk hosted a community prayer service Saturday evening for all those affected by the current situation in the Mediterranean.
The church’s focus this evening was on the families and sailors of locally based Norfolk ships set to deploy or already deployed in the Mediterranean.
Those ships include the USS Ramage, USS Stout, USS Barry, USS Gravely, USS Harry S. Truman and the USS Nimitz.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea