Car ends up underwater after crash in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – A car ended up upside down underwater during a crash Friday morning in Norfolk.
It happened at 11:32 a.m. near the intersection of Mayflower Road and Massachusetts Avenue in Knitting Mill Creek.
According to fire department spokesperson Julian Williamson, a man in his early 20s swerved to avoid an animal and crashed into the water.
The driver was able to get out on his own and was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
No charges are pending.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'