Son of D.C. Councilman charged with DUI, possession of marijuana in Hampton
Hampton, Va. - Marion Christopher Barry, the son of D.C. Councilman and former Mayor Marion Barry, was arrested and charged with DUI and possession of marijuana and synthetic marijuana.
Police say on Friday, August 16th, they were on patrol on Coliseum Drive when they saw a grey PT Cruiser driving erratically.
They conducted a traffic stop and after an investigation, they arrested Barry for driving under the influence. Police say they also found suspected marijuana on Barry and inside of the car. Police say they also located synthetic marijuana in the vehicle.
Barry has been released.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified