Participants return home from 50th Anniversary March in D.C.
Norfolk, Va. - It was a safe return for some folks who traveled from Washington, D.C. over the weekend for the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington.
Passengers aboard buses arrived back home around 10:30 p.m.
They were part of the thousands who remembered the 50th anniversary of the march on Washington.
Though a bit tired from the day’s journey, those who participated in the march say it was well worth it.
The historical march happened on August 28th, 1963.
Those who rallied at the National Mall were demanding racial equality.
This is also where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his famous “I Have a Dream” speech.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery