Teen accused of stealing firearm, shooting at police in Suffolk
Suffolk, Va. – The SWAT team and negotiators were on the scene near Holland Road and Rte. 58 Monday morning after police say a 17-year-old fired a shot at them while he was on top of a building.
They say the teen vandalized his grandfather’s home and stole a gun and ammunition. Police say they received a call that the teen shot into a home in the 1400 block of Holland Road.
Police searched the area and that’s when they say they saw the teen on top of the building. They say he shot at them once and an officer shot back.
The teen surrendered at around 2:15 a.m. police say.
The teen has been charged with several felonies including grand larceny of a firearm, possession of a firearm by a juvenile, reckless handling of a firearm, felony vandalism use of a firearm committing a felony, maliciously discharging a firearm within an occupied dwelling and attempted malicious wounding of a law enforcement officer.
He is now being held at the Tidewater Detention Home in Chesapeake police say.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains