Redskins release Stallworth, Kettani
UPDATE: The Washington Redskins have released five more players Monday afternoon in an effort to get their roster down to 75 by Tuesday’s 4 p.m. deadline.
The burgundy and gold cut kicker John Potter, wide receiver Chip Reeves, tackle Jeremy Trueblood and linebackers Quan Sturdivant and Ricky Elmore. They join Donte Stallworth and Eric Kettani who were released Monday morning.
The Redskins started the day with 88 players on the roster. Four players suffered season ending injuries – safety Philip Thomas, linebackers Kenaan Robinson and Jeremy Kimbrough and cornerback Richard Crawford.
With those four and the seven released today, the team is down to 77. They have until 4 p.m. Tuesday to be down to 75 and by Saturday they will need to be down to 53.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains