Redskins release Stallworth, Kettani
UPDATE: The Washington Redskins have released five more players Monday afternoon in an effort to get their roster down to 75 by Tuesday’s 4 p.m. deadline.
The burgundy and gold cut kicker John Potter, wide receiver Chip Reeves, tackle Jeremy Trueblood and linebackers Quan Sturdivant and Ricky Elmore. They join Donte Stallworth and Eric Kettani who were released Monday morning.
The Redskins started the day with 88 players on the roster. Four players suffered season ending injuries – safety Philip Thomas, linebackers Kenaan Robinson and Jeremy Kimbrough and cornerback Richard Crawford.
With those four and the seven released today, the team is down to 77. They have until 4 p.m. Tuesday to be down to 75 and by Saturday they will need to be down to 53.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery