Bicyclist killed by car in York County
York County, Va. – A bicyclist was killed by a car Saturday morning on Cook Road in York County.
According to State Police, 65-year-old Donald Francis Brookshire was riding his bike onto Cook Road from a side street and drove into the path of an oncoming car.
State police say the car was traveling 45 mph when it hit Brookshire, throwing him between 90 and 100 feet.
Brookshire was transported to the hospital where he later died from his injuries.
Brroshire was wearing a helmet at the time.
No charges have been filed against the driver.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales