Virginia Beach honors the city’s 1st African-American officers
Virginia Beach, VA – Saturday afternoon a ceremony was held at the Cox Cultural Pavillion at the Ocean Front for a few former Beach officers.
The honoree list consisted of the first African-American men to join the Virginia Beach Police Department.
The department said, “The ceremony is a chance to finally bring to light the men who may have been momentarily lost in history.”
As for the current Beach officers, they told Newschannel 3 that today is a proud moment for the city.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found