Virginia Beach honors the city’s 1st African-American officers
Virginia Beach, VA – Saturday afternoon a ceremony was held at the Cox Cultural Pavillion at the Ocean Front for a few former Beach officers.
The honoree list consisted of the first African-American men to join the Virginia Beach Police Department.
The department said, ”The ceremony is a chance to finally bring to light the men who may have been momentarily lost in history.”
As for the current Beach officers, they told Newschannel 3 that today is a proud moment for the city.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time