Man shot near ODU recovering in hospital
Norfolk, Virginia – A man shot near Old Dominion University early Saturday morning is recovering at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
According to police, units were called to the 800 block of West 41st Street about the shooting shortly before 1:00am Saturday.
Upon arrival, officers found the man suffering from gunshot wounds. He was transported to the hospital and is in stable condition.
Police say the suspect is described as a black male, 5’8″ – 5’10″, cornrow hairstyle and wearing a Cincinnati Reds ball cap.
Police have not released information regarding a motive for the shooting.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home