RGIII fined $10K for t-shirt choice
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was fined $10,000 for wearing his “Operation Patience” shirt while warming up prior to the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers Monday night.
The NFL prohibits players from wearing any non-league gear once they hit the field for game days.
This is the second time RG has been fined – the first was last season when he wore Adidas clothing to a post-game interview. The NFL is sponsored by Nike.
“Operation Patience” is a phrase RGIII coined to describe his return from offseason knee surgery.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship