RGIII fined $10K for t-shirt choice
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was fined $10,000 for wearing his “Operation Patience” shirt while warming up prior to the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers Monday night.
The NFL prohibits players from wearing any non-league gear once they hit the field for game days.
This is the second time RG has been fined – the first was last season when he wore Adidas clothing to a post-game interview. The NFL is sponsored by Nike.
“Operation Patience” is a phrase RGIII coined to describe his return from offseason knee surgery.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested