Giant fire tornado captured on video
And you thought regular tornadoes and waterspouts were bad.
A pilot has captured footage of a giant fire tornado that formed from the Tetlin Junction wildfire that is raging in Alaska.
Also known as fire whirls, fire devils, or even firenados, these whirlwinds of flame are not really rare, just rarely documented, according to National Geographic. Below is one captured on video in the Australian Outback last year:
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel