Giant fire tornado captured on video
And you thought regular tornadoes and waterspouts were bad.
A pilot has captured footage of a giant fire tornado that formed from the Tetlin Junction wildfire that is raging in Alaska.
Also known as fire whirls, fire devils, or even firenados, these whirlwinds of flame are not really rare, just rarely documented, according to National Geographic. Below is one captured on video in the Australian Outback last year:
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery