Giant fire tornado captured on video
And you thought regular tornadoes and waterspouts were bad.
A pilot has captured footage of a giant fire tornado that formed from the Tetlin Junction wildfire that is raging in Alaska.
Also known as fire whirls, fire devils, or even firenados, these whirlwinds of flame are not really rare, just rarely documented, according to National Geographic. Below is one captured on video in the Australian Outback last year:
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says