Giant fire tornado captured on video
And you thought regular tornadoes and waterspouts were bad.
A pilot has captured footage of a giant fire tornado that formed from the Tetlin Junction wildfire that is raging in Alaska.
Also known as fire whirls, fire devils, or even firenados, these whirlwinds of flame are not really rare, just rarely documented, according to National Geographic. Below is one captured on video in the Australian Outback last year:
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home