Giant fire tornado captured on video
And you thought regular tornadoes and waterspouts were bad.
A pilot has captured footage of a giant fire tornado that formed from the Tetlin Junction wildfire that is raging in Alaska.
Also known as fire whirls, fire devils, or even firenados, these whirlwinds of flame are not really rare, just rarely documented, according to National Geographic. Below is one captured on video in the Australian Outback last year:
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship