Burger King catches fire in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Crews responded to a fire at the Burger King Restaurant on First Colonial Road, fire officials tell NewsChannel 3.
It happened shortly before 1 p.m. on Friday, August 23, 2013. According to Amy Valdez of the Virginia Beach Fire Department, a small fire was contained in the kitchen area. Crews arrived on scene, and reported a large amount of smoke.
The fire was easily contained, according to officials.
The business was not damaged; no injuries have been reported.
The restaurant is currently closed for health inspection.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery