Portsmouth teen’s death considered suspicious after body recovered in water
Portsmouth, Va. – Crews have recovered a body near the Clifford Street Bridge in Portsmouth.
The body was that of 15-year-old Gary Lynn Faulkner of the 70 block of Bolling Road in Portsmouth.
Crews were searching for the boy in Baines Creek near City Park on Thursday. His family told NewsChannel 3 that he has Asperger syndrome.
Emergency crews received initial reports about someone who had fallen into the water at around 2:10 p.m. on Thursday afternoon.
Police say the autopsy is still ongoing, as is the investigation. The case has been classified as a suspicious death and is being investigated by homicide detectives.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found