Portsmouth teen’s death considered suspicious after body recovered in water
Portsmouth, Va. – Crews have recovered a body near the Clifford Street Bridge in Portsmouth.
The body was that of 15-year-old Gary Lynn Faulkner of the 70 block of Bolling Road in Portsmouth.
Crews were searching for the boy in Baines Creek near City Park on Thursday. His family told NewsChannel 3 that he has Asperger syndrome.
Emergency crews received initial reports about someone who had fallen into the water at around 2:10 p.m. on Thursday afternoon.
Police say the autopsy is still ongoing, as is the investigation. The case has been classified as a suspicious death and is being investigated by homicide detectives.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!