Portsmouth teen’s death considered suspicious after body recovered in water
Portsmouth, Va. – Crews have recovered a body near the Clifford Street Bridge in Portsmouth.
The body was that of 15-year-old Gary Lynn Faulkner of the 70 block of Bolling Road in Portsmouth.
Crews were searching for the boy in Baines Creek near City Park on Thursday. His family told NewsChannel 3 that he has Asperger syndrome.
Emergency crews received initial reports about someone who had fallen into the water at around 2:10 p.m. on Thursday afternoon.
Police say the autopsy is still ongoing, as is the investigation. The case has been classified as a suspicious death and is being investigated by homicide detectives.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’