Portsmouth teen’s death considered suspicious after body recovered in water
Portsmouth, Va. – Crews have recovered a body near the Clifford Street Bridge in Portsmouth.
The body was that of 15-year-old Gary Lynn Faulkner of the 70 block of Bolling Road in Portsmouth.
Crews were searching for the boy in Baines Creek near City Park on Thursday. His family told NewsChannel 3 that he has Asperger syndrome.
Emergency crews received initial reports about someone who had fallen into the water at around 2:10 p.m. on Thursday afternoon.
Police say the autopsy is still ongoing, as is the investigation. The case has been classified as a suspicious death and is being investigated by homicide detectives.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales