UPDATE: Man arrested for assaulting police officer during traffic stop in Virginia Beach
UPDATE: Stanley Joseph Durkowski turned himself in Tuesday, August 20 at 8:30 p.m. Durkowski is charged with Felony Assault of a Police Officer and Resisting Arrest. He is currently being held at the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police are looking for a man who assaulted a police officer during a traffic stop in Virginia Beach.
It happened on Tuesday, August 20, 2013, at 2:15 a.m. A police officer made a traffic stop in the 500 block of W. Plantation Road. During the traffic stop the suspect, Stanley Durkowski, assaulted the officer after a struggle ensued. Durkowski then ran away from the scene.
The police officer sustained minor injuries.
A warrant has been issued for Felony Assault on a Police Officer for 28-year-old Stanley Joseph Durkowski, of the 500 block of W. Plantation Road.
Durkowski is described as a white male, 6’2”, 180 pounds, brown hair, and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing blue jeans and a dark blue sweatshirt.
Anyone knowing the location of Durkowski is encouraged to call the dispatcher at 385-5000 or Virginia Beach Crime Solvers Office at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'