Surf Warriors take on Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, VA – Wounded Warriors from around the East Coast were in Virginia Beach Sunday for a surfing competition.
Volunteers helped run training programs for eight weeks leading up to the day’s event.
Sixteen people from Hampton Roads, North Carolina and Florida were then chosen to compete.
Participants say surfing is an amazing tool in the healing process.
Six months ago one of the competitors was in a wheelchair and Sunday she was able to stand on a surfboard.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations