Police respond to possible shooting near William & Mary campus
Williamsburg, Va. – Late Friday night James City County police responded to a call of a large party and possible shots fired at a house near the campus of William & Mary.
We’re told the call came in around 1 a.m. Saturday morning. Officers arrived on scene at the 100 block of Druid Drive and were not able to locate any shooting victims.
Early Saturday morning, officers again responded to the same location after neighbors near the house where the party was reported to be, found shell casings and blood on the road and on some cars.
James City County police investigators tell us shell casings were recovered as well as small amounts of blood. However, after checking with local hospitals, no victims were located.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen