Update: Congestion on I-64 causes backups around Hampton Roads
Update: As of 6:13 p.m., VDOT is reporting that the earlier traffic congestion is now clear.
Norfolk, Va. – The Virginia Department of Transportation is reporting several traffic backups throughout Hampton Roads on Saturday morning.
VDOT is reporting congestion on I-64 West, prior to the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel. Traffic there is backed up seven miles to Granby Street.
There’s another backup on the peninsula, also on I-64 West, at Jefferson Avenue. Traffic there is backed up six miles.
Motorist in Chesapeake are experiencing delays at the High Rise Bridge on I-64 East. Traffic there is backed up to the 464 interchange.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates on your weekend commute.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom