Ex-sailor allegedly used fake CIA credentials to cover up bigamy
James City County, Va. – Police say a former Navy sailor used fake CIA credentials to cover up that he was married to two women at the same time.
David Jin Lee, 26, of Williamsburg is facing numerous charges including bigamy and forgery of a public document.
Court documents show Lee married his first wife in July of 2009; then, in November of 2012 records show he was married again.
Investigators say Lee’s first wife lives in Virginia Beach and he tried to fool her by saying he was in the CIA, but she became suspicious when he called her and told her he was kidnapped in China and needed money to give to the people holding him captive.
The first wife called police and their investigation revealed Lee was using fake CIA credentials.
James City County Police arrested Lee at the home of his second wife in Williamsburg.
Investigators also told NewsChannel 3 Lee was kicked out of the Navy for stealing government property. The latest job he listed when he was arrested was unemployed.
Lee is out of jail on bond.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen