HRBT congestion expected to last through rush hour
Heavy congestion is expected to continue in both directions on the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel through rush hour.
There are no accidents and traffic is moving, just very slowly due to the high volume of traffic.
VDOT reports that there is a seven mile backup on I-64 westbound at the HRBT and a five mile on I-64 eastbound heading to Southside.
The southbound Monitor Merrimac Bridge Tunnel is also backed up three miles.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery