Toll rate increase approved for Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel
The round-trip rate for passenger vehicles crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel will increase by $1, effective January 1st, 2014.
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel Commission voted to approve a 10 percent increase on the roll schedule at its meeting on Tuesday.
The commission says the adjustment is necessary to pay for the construction of the Thimble Shoal Parallel Tunnel Project.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend