Toll rate increase approved for Chesapeake Bay-Bridge Tunnel
The round-trip rate for passenger vehicles crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel will increase by $1, effective January 1st, 2014.
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel Commission voted to approve a 10 percent increase on the roll schedule at its meeting on Tuesday.
The commission says the adjustment is necessary to pay for the construction of the Thimble Shoal Parallel Tunnel Project.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth