Second day of testimony for former Sailor charged with murdering baby
Norfolk, Va. – It’s the second day of testimony in the trial for the former Sailor charged with murdering a 4-month-old girl in Virginia Beach.
22-year-old Micah Patterson is accused of killing and sexually assaulting his girlfriend’s baby last January.
Jurors heard more testimony from one more witness before the prosecution rested.
A prosecutor called a child abuse pediatrician from CHKD on how 4-month-old Aubrey died.
Dr. Michelle Clayton told the court she was violently shaken, causing abusive head trauma, and strangled hours before she died.
Patterson’s defense attorneys objected very few times as prosecutors presented dozens of exhibits of evidence – the majority being pictures of Aubrey’s body, in which the doctor described to the jury as large bruises, signs of strangulation, and anal penetration (sexual assault).
Aubrey’s mother sat outside the courtroom during the very graphic testimony.
The prosecution finished questioning this doctor after nearly two hours of being on the stand before the defense began cross-examination.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'