Norfolk man accused of sexually assaulting young boys faces life in prison
Norfolk, Va. – The Norfolk city worker accused of sexually abusing young boys was back in court today.
54-year-old Jay Burton is charged with sexually assaulting three boys at his home for several years.
Burton worked as a supervisor at the Titustown Rec Center, but investigators say none of the incidents happened there.
Burton had a preliminary hearing Wednesday morning.
Six charges were certified to the Grand Jury/Circuit Court – all felonies. Jay Burton is charged with two counts of Forcible Sodomy; two counts of Aggravated Sexual Battery; and two counts of indecent liberties custodial.
He faces life in prison, if convicted.
The Grand Jury will hear this matter on August 21, 2013.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly