Norfolk man accused of sexually assaulting young boys faces life in prison
Norfolk, Va. – The Norfolk city worker accused of sexually abusing young boys was back in court today.
54-year-old Jay Burton is charged with sexually assaulting three boys at his home for several years.
Burton worked as a supervisor at the Titustown Rec Center, but investigators say none of the incidents happened there.
Burton had a preliminary hearing Wednesday morning.
Six charges were certified to the Grand Jury/Circuit Court – all felonies. Jay Burton is charged with two counts of Forcible Sodomy; two counts of Aggravated Sexual Battery; and two counts of indecent liberties custodial.
He faces life in prison, if convicted.
The Grand Jury will hear this matter on August 21, 2013.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'