Trial begins for woman accused of murdering 2-year-old in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – On Tuesday, the trial begins for a woman accused of murdering a child in her care.
Brenda Garner is charged with second degree murder, felony child abuse, and neglect.
The medical examiner said 2-year-old Garrett King died from blunt force trauma back in November.
Police say Garner was babysitting the child at the time.
Shortly after the child’s parents left him with Garner, investigators say she called police saying he was unconscious.
Garrett was taken to the hospital where police say, medical personnel told them he had been abused.
The toddler died the next day.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested