This is a very easy, quick, and versatile dessert sauce, delicious over fresh berries.
5 egg yolks
5 ounces white sugar
10 ounces dry white wine. (I usually use dry Riesling, but you can substitute any tasty white wine, or for the Italian Zabaglione use Marsala)
- Heat wine over a double boiler.
- Meanwhile, whisk yolks and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Temper the yolk mixture into the wine by adding some wine to the eggs, stir, then stir that into the wine over the double boiler.
- Continue to heat and stir constantly till the sabayon thickens slightly and is sauce consistency. Do not overcook.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery