Two firefighters taken to hospital after fire breaks out on USS McFaul
Norfolk, Va. – Two firefighters were evaluated for heat-related illnesses after a small fire broke out on the second deck of the USS McFaul on Monday.
Emergency crews were alerted to the fire at 4:18 p.m. and they arrived on the scene shortly afterward.
Crews say the fire was put out by Navy personnel before they arrived.
Officials say the fire was caused by an electrical heater in the ductwork.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down