Three pets killed in Virginia Beach house fire
Virginia Beach, Va. – Two children escaped a house fire in Virginia Beach Friday evening that claimed the lives of three pets.
The call came in just before 6 p.m. at the 3500 block of Petunia Crescent.
Firefighters say two children were home at the time of the fire, a 7-year-old and a 13-year-old. Both kids were able to get out of the home and are safe.
One dog and two cats died in the blaze. Four other cats and two dogs were rescued.
The fire appears to have started in a bedroom. A family four are displaced.
Firefighters say the cause is still under investigation.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head