Three pets killed in Virginia Beach house fire
Virginia Beach, Va. – Two children escaped a house fire in Virginia Beach Friday evening that claimed the lives of three pets.
The call came in just before 6 p.m. at the 3500 block of Petunia Crescent.
Firefighters say two children were home at the time of the fire, a 7-year-old and a 13-year-old. Both kids were able to get out of the home and are safe.
One dog and two cats died in the blaze. Four other cats and two dogs were rescued.
The fire appears to have started in a bedroom. A family four are displaced.
Firefighters say the cause is still under investigation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified