Aerial mosquito spraying in Portsmouth
Portsmouth, Va. – Get ready for mosquito spraying in Portsmouth.
The Norfolk District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and the City of Portsmouth will conduct joint aerial mosquito spraying on Monday, August 12 at federal properties on Craney Island, adjacent city properties, and the Churchland area north of state Route 164.
Weather permitting, the aerial spraying will be conducted between the hours of 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
Crabbe Aviation L.L.C. will use an Air Tractor, a fixed-wing aircraft, to spray Trumpet EC, a formulation of Dibrom, to target flying adult mosquitoes.
The plane will conduct low-flying spray operations in the area.
Beekeepers in the area should keep their bees covered during the spraying operations and people with known allergic reactions are advised to stay indoors.
If weather conditions do not allow the spraying on Monday, the inclement weather date is Tuesday, August 13.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home