Portsmouth mother charged with first-degree murder in 1-month-old’s death
Portsmouth, Va. – A Portsmouth mother faces first-degree murder charges after the death of her 1-month-old baby boy on Wednesday.
Police arrested and charged 36-year-old Keisha Christina Holmes Wednesday evening after searching the home following the boy’s death.
Police and medics received an emergency call from a home on Woodstock Street around 12:54 on Wednesday that said the boy was not breathing.
Medics attempted to resuscitate the infant, but were unsuccessful. He was pronounced dead at 1:29 P.M. The body was taken to the Norfolk Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy which found the boy died as a result of asphyxiation.
Holmes is currently in the custody of the Portsmouth Sheriff’s Office.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket