19 units damaged in Newport News storage facility fire
Newport News, Va. – Newport News firefighters battled a fire that damaged nineteen storage units at the Public Storage facility at 11887 Jefferson Avenue.
The fire started shortly before 1:00am Sunday.
Thirty units in all were affected.
Because of the hot and humid weather conditions and the projected length of the operation, several additional fire units were called to the scene.
Jefferson Avenue southbound and St. Thomas Street near the area were closed but have since reopened.
Fire units remained on scene for five hours.
It has not yet been determined how the fire started.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it